Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Baby clothes sewing project

These two little overalls turned out great--with a lot of study of the directions and slow, careful sewing. I've never used a Burda pattern before.

They are for grandson Julius in Houston...this is the nine month size and I'm crossing my fingers that they fit. He's nine months right now. I meant to get them done in May but it took longer than I thought...it took me a while to figure out how the bib front and back attached to the body.

Buttonholes! Always tricky. I must have made a dozen before committing to sewing on the overalls.

And snaps! I was so glad my mom--80 and still sewing as best she can with macular degeneration--came up with her Dritz gripper snap pliers I could use. She had it neatly organized, directions attached, in a plastic bag with all her supplies.

I've always wanted to try sewing two of the same thing at once, and use one color of thread in the machine. It didn't feel like that great of a timesaver, except now that I'm done I have two to show for my work instead of one!

No comments:

Post a Comment